Its4women.ie Presents Cheque to Breast Cancer Ireland
Rick Bell Digital Marketing Executive at Its4women.ie presenting a cheque for €2260 to Samantha McGregor, Breast Cancer Ireland.
Its4women.ie would like to thank its customers who helped to raise €2260 for Its4women's sponsored charity Breast Cancer Ireland.
Breast Cancer Ireland is a charity established to raise vital funding to support Research into Breast Cancer. Under the direction of leading Breast Surgeon, Professor Arnold K Hill, the goal at Breast Cancer Ireland is to seek to transform breast cancer from often being a fatal disease, to a chronic illness, that can be maintained long term through treatment.
To date, funds raised through BCI, have been used for some of the following:
- Supporting the recruitment and retention of leading cancer research scientists and clinicians
- Supporting Breast Cancer Research Nurses attached to the cancer designated centres in Ireland- building the country's leading National Breast Cancer Bio & Patient Profiling Resource. This new Resource is helping provide a much larger pool of sampling from which researchers can avail, thereby helping to speed up discovery and ultimately affect better patient outcome
- Supporting the purchase of necessary and leading edge laboratory research equipment
- Supporting a public awareness campaign to make women of all ages, breast aware
Breast Cancer Ireland is two fold:
- To improve patient outcomes by seeking collaboration and integration amongst breast cancer researchers nationally and internationally
- To promote and encourage women of all ages to be breast aware - Earlier detection leads to more positive patient outcome
You can become more breast aware by downloading Breast Cancer Irelands free "Breast Aware" app, that's available for both iphone and android devices.
Please share :)